I’ve found that Valentine’s Day divides most people. Some call it a ‘Hallmark Holiday’ and others will take any opportunity they can for a bit of romance. I fall into the latter category. I LOVE Valentine’s Day and with the holiday approaching (this weekend!), I thought I’d come up with a list of restaurants in Sydney you can take your special someone to. Lex and I are trying out a restaurant we’ve never been to before in Surry Hills – here’s hoping the gamble pays off! Yelp have just released their Top 100 places in Australia to eat for 2016 so some of the suggestions below are from that list, although I found I wasn’t overly impressed with the list so I’ve added in some of my own 🙂 Let me know what your plans for the big day are in the comments 🙂
- Din Tai Fung – Two words: Asian dumplings
- Mary’s – Craft beer and burgers in a rustic bar with timber decor, a mezzanine and a rock ‘n’ roll vibe – perfect for that couple who only just started dating but feel obliged to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- The Governors Table – Sleek eatery with cosy banquettes, serving gourmet bar bites and creative Modern Australian mains
- Via Napoli – Has won an award for best pizza in Sydney!
- Glasshouse Brasserie – Upscale Modern Australian menu by chef Luke Mangan, served in a grand dining space – a sure way to impress your Valentine!
- Quay – Innovative Modern Australian menu in a chic room overlooking the Opera House. If location is important then Quay is a must
- Sud – Southern Italian street food turned out in a cool, industrial-chic diner with a scooter wall mural
- Rockpool – Fine Modern Australian cuisine with decor that screams elegance
- The Bridge Room – Set in a cool 1930s building with an open kitchen
- Aria restaurant – Aussies love chef Matt Moran and his glass-walled establishment will be a winner with your love
- Tetsuya’s – French-Asian cuisine, interesting!
- Cafe Sydney – A rooftop restaurant with sweeping views of our beautiful Sydney
Est. – Take your Valentine to the closest place to the city of love as possible in Sydney. Est. is an upscale French fusion restaurant by renowned chef Peter Doyle
Happy Valentine’s Day!
P.S these restaurants are totally perfect to go on non-dates as well. Celebrate you! 🙂